Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Long time no see OMG!

So, wow. It has been a LONG time! I will not try to excuse my absence  it was really dumb. I let A LOT of mental stuff get in the way due to me having to move and I just fell from the hobby for a long while. Every once in awhile I would really try to step my toe back in for a bit but then my mind would kick back in and I'd retreat back to the land of sadness with no energy or mental resolve to do anything. It was super frustrating and even more frustrating because it was not hobby-specific. That is to say, nothing happened within the hobby to make me not really participate in it, my mind just completely sabotaged me and wouldn't let go. So, I'm so sorry. :-(

I feel much better now and I am officially actually trying to be as active as I once was in the hobby. Because I miss it. I could allow myself to not be in the hobby/do hobby things if that was what I ultimately wanted. But, truth is, I absolutely adore this hobby, it makes me happy, I love my dolls, and WOW do they inspire me. So I guess my mind just didn't want to deal with that for many a month, I guess, who knows. Here's hoping this inspiration stays.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I should bore everyone with updates or not but here goes the most recent. I have updated my "dolls at home" list here: http://malvagitabella.blogspot.com/2012/02/dolls-at-home.html I actually have only added two, one of which is only sort of new. I had this large dream, that I explained on DoA but not here, of one day getting a Kara Klum (which is all VA13's fault!). But, in this dream, I wanted him on a Doll Chateau male body. Unfortunately, at the time this dream tooled around, only the Adult DC body was available and that was just far too tall. So I just clung to my dream and hoped for the best.

Well, DC being awesome, they came out with their Youth dolls and I flailed because that would be the perfect size for my Kara Klum. So I put an order on the body immediately and anticipated my future with this doll.

But, life is life, right? For starters, I had to move which sucked up my Kara Klum head buying funds for so months and months. And then, right at the last moment, I decided I would really love to have a FULL Kara Klum rather than hybriding him. I think it's because his character completely changed due to the fact that the dolls I wanted him to be photographed with have larger heads and features than him and I didn't want him to look like the crazy pea-headed guy that showed up to the wrong photos. So, yes.

So, here I was stuck with this incoming body and I figured I could just sell it when a light went off! My Dollzone Gretta has been WRONG to me ever since I got her home. Her clothes made her look hideous, I hated the high-heeled feet on her, no wigs looked good on her till I got a fur wig, and so and so on It was ridiculous and to the point where I just didn't understand how I could love a doll so much but also completely hate it at the same time! But I was just sitting at work one day when it dawned on me that OMG SHE WANTS TO BE A BOY! And then the heavens opened, angels sang, babies fell from the sky, etc. So, when I got my DC body, I decided to try and hybrid it with my Gretta's head. And thus Gabriel was born:


I'm sorry but, I think he looks AMAZING!!! :D Not to toot my own horn or anything, I am not the first person to think the Gretta sculpt would make a great male. Tirsden from DoA, actually, pointed it out eons ago and I agreed. On the site, she's such a beautiful woman! But I guess mine just decided she'd make a more handsome male. :D

Now, as for my other new doll Jamie aka Loki, my Doll Leaves Noir. He took MONTHS to complete! I got him right before I officially moved, I then, once I was finally settled, gave him faceup and then had to wait a month to get money for clothes and then wait another month to finally receive said clothes. He, to date, is my longest to complete doll. I wish I had great pics of him but, unfortunately, when I was taking "official" pics of him, I didn't notice until later that his eye was all wonky. Here's the one of the few I could salvage:


There he is with my BBB Apollo, Sparrow, who, to be honest, I haven't introduced here either. LOL!

Anyway, I'll leave the updates here for now. But I plan to actually continue updating whenever I can so thank you for being so very patient! :D

1 comment:

  1. I've never really looked at Gretta before, but you're right. He makes a fabulous boy! :D

    I didn't know you had a Noir! I'm so jealous, I want one so bad but he's the only Doll Leaves I really want, so I never joined the event to get one, and just about no one sells them!! I'm really hoping they put him out again, or they make a similar doll. I just need a somewhat masculine elf. They're so hard to get...

    Glad to see you're back and having fun again. <33
    BJDs should be fun, not stressful, so sometimes a small break is needed.

    ReplyDelete