Sunday, April 29, 2012

Look who FINALLY made it home!




Look who FINALLY decided to show up a year and three weeks later, my Dollshe Saint and Bernard. *squishes them*

Even though they’ve been a curse on me all week. First of all, worrying over their arrival constantly made me annoyed and depressed, which really made my week off take a nose-dive. Then, they friggin arrive in my city yesterdau and the post office didn’t even TRY to deliver them, just left the “Sorry We Missed You” slip and left. I had to track them down like a crazy woman and have them redeliver it. THEN, to add insult to injury, I’ve been waiting to record their box opening since being on “Before Shipping” status and, as soon as I go to record, my webcam refuses to take video. Then, editing their pictures caused my computer to crash. So, needless to say, I DO kinda hate them. -_-

But then I look at them and I love them all over again. XD If they were real people, though, I’d be seriously wanting to punch them in the face right now. *glares*

I bought them pants today at a doll show and they fit MARVELOUSLY, until they sit. -_- I think I may get them doll stands so they can stand around looking pissy and wonderful.

Their characters so far are simple but I haven't written them out fully. I thought they were going to be all gothy and creepy but, so far, it turns out they have adapted to the changing world (they're vampires) and now they're kinda urban in style. My Bernard, Brenner Adelaide, is sickly and kinda crazy and demands attention. He likes to seduce men and kill them, despite the fact my vampires don't HAVE to kill (they adapted) and killing is forbidden. His brother, my Saint, Thompson Adelaide, is his caretaker and covers his brother's murderous habits and is basically a melancholy, "weight of the world on his shoulders" sort of guy. He has this woman, who I need to look more into (she's an unexpected character), who he loves and wants to be with. But he has to take care of his brother so he just can't let himself be with her and he REALLY doesn't want to draw her in to his situation. Plus Brenner would probably kill her if he knew. :-/

Anyway, there they are. Brenner has red hair now (he managed to make me buy him a wig) but otherwise, this is how they look for now. I just need to make sure these are the right eyes for them, get them some shirts of their own, some shoes, and I need to do their faceups. These boys have been such a damn hassle. But I can tell they were worth it because they told me their story right away.

I don't care HOW weird that sounds. :D

1 comment:

  1. ooh congrats on finally getting them home! :D
    I'm glad you still love them after all that mess. I'm still kinda meh about my Saint...but I'm happy I just don't hate him.

    I'm excited to see yours finished!

    ReplyDelete