Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Annoyed and embarrassed

So. There was a doll meet this past weekend and, guess what? I didn't go because, in my opinion, my doll collection is sort of in a shambles and I had no one I felt was 100% ready to be taken out right now. I felt really embarrassed and then stupidly annoyed. I need to buckle down and SERIOUSLY get my dolls into shape. I want a collection that people, not admire, because I don't need that, but actually like to look at. I don't need people to think my collection is the best or even one of the best or perfect, just nice and not a hot mess. And I find it hard to believe other people would see my collection as nice when I can't even see it myself. So, I need to buckle down and get it together. Because, honestly, while I actually LIKE having constant doll projects, I don't necessarily want to be one of those people who have a lot of dolls but they're all not put together and/or put together in a messy fashion with no thought put into them. Especially since these are doll forms of my characters. For some reason, and I know this will sound half-crazy, but I feel like I'm disrespecting my characters by not getting their doll form in a decent state. So, yes.

Glad I got that out of me. Now I just need to work out a plan and, you know, make a budget. :D Also, learning photography is a must. At least the basics, anyway. :D

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. One of my favorites has been out of commission for a year because he's just been in a horrible state of disarray, and it was awful. I finally got off my butt and started to fix him, but he's got so much work left! He's presentable now at least. And not stuck wearing a hat all the time.

    What worked for me was giving myself a deadline to really get moving...I want him done completely by BJDC in August because as one of my most obnoxious-looking dolls, he's got to go XDD

    Deadlines really suck, but they are the only thing that gets me motivated sometimes....

    Good luck on getting your crew together!

    ReplyDelete